Thanks for stopping by, to learn a little more about how we operate.
Whilst these are by no means the 10 commandments, they are our Rules of Engagement which we and all those we work with respect and agree to.
By sharing them here, and inviting you to view them, we wish to remain open, honest, and transparent in what you can expect from us, and us from you.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- You are ready and prepared to invest in yourself every month throughout this process, be on time and focused throughout each session on the task in hand without interruption (No phones, no laptops, no lateness, no early finishes or other interruption).
“To expect 100% from others, you must first give 100% to others”
- Become a good listener (rather than simply hearing) and show a genuine interest in other Explorer Mastermind members and the growth of both them and their businesses.
“There is a huge difference between listening, and waiting for your turn to speak”
- You will not criticise, condemn or complain but both offer and be ready to accept honest feedback. This includes the good, the bad and the ugly. In order for us all to provide the best, we need to know when we do, and be given the opportunity to amend things should we ever fall short.
“There is no failure, only Feedback”
- We can only ever work, with what we know. Therefore it is imperative you will remain honest and upfront with your coach and your fellow Masterminders throughout the process.
“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom”
- You accept this is a process, and that success doesn’t either grow on trees or happen overnight! The value of the outcomes from Mastermind shall reflect the value you apply to Mastermind. However, no one other than yourself can be held responsible for the decisions you choose to take.
“To err is human, to blame somebody else is politics”
- You will remain realistic with your expectations of yourself, your business and what we can work together to achieve, however also be open to being invited to review and revise on whether your thinking big enough!
“It takes the same amount of time and effort to think small as it does to think big”
- You will be prepared to set, share and work towards your goals and be willing to ‘try new things’ as suggested and discussed during the Mastermind process.
“Learn to become comfortable, with being uncomfortable, pushing limits, trying new things”
- You are prepared to change in order to achieve new heights within your business.
“Change your thoughts, and you change your world”
- You will remain respectful of others’ opinions, and not judge others based on their knowledge, experience or viewpoint, but accept we are all unique, and that others’ opinions are as valid to them as yours is to you.
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance”
- You will remain respectful of equality and diversity. Neither actively participate in, encourage or defend any action considered to breech the promotion of such.
“Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish”
If these sound like the type of practices you resonate with and are ready to uphold? Then we very much look forward to working with you. If they do not, I’d be happy to recommend other coaching businesses, that are perhaps more aligned with what you are seeking.
Jay Allen – Chief ScaleUp Sherpa
My TrueNORTH – The Ethical Coaching Company